COVID-19 Update Information (5/15/20)
Amid ongoing concerns about the coronavirus, we want to reassure all our patients that your health, safety, and well-being is our top priority. We continue to be vigilant in our monitoring of this unprecedented event and are following the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the ADA (American Dental Association) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
For the upcoming weeks, we will be adjusting our staffing and patient load to accommodate required social distancing while still being open to meet demands and ongoing patient-care needs. While we have always followed stringent infection control protocol in our operatories and common areas, we have implemented additional measures that we are asking all our patients to observe. These changes including but not limited to:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some COVID-19 screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitation station prior to entrance.
- Our waiting area will no longer offer magazines, and children toys since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will communicate with you the details about your visit through email, text message, and/or phone call.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Merry Dental, and The Team
Your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance.
To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Additionally, every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.